First Annual Chili Cookoff!
November 20, 2021 1pm
A chili competition for a chilly time of the year!
A 2021 Trophy, Prizes, and most importantly, Bragging Rights, awarded for first, second, third place, and people's choice winners.
1-2 pm: Professional Blind Judging: First, Second, and Third place prizes awarded in a blind judging. (Three judges, all respected professionals in the food service industry)
2-5 pm: People's Choice Judging: Awarded by You (visitors, friends, family, all)! Anyone wishing to participate in judging, simply has to purchase one bottle of wine from Forest Edge for entry to the tasting area, and will get three voting tickets. Purchase more bottles, get more votes! You will get to sample a small bowl of chili from each participant.
Winners announced 5-6 pm.
- No entry fee to participate.
- Chili must be homemade
- No ingredient or spice level restrictions, but please let us know the spice level!
- Must be able to provide at least two gallons of chili in two large crockpots.
- Must have chili ready to serve the professional judges at 1:00 pm for blind tasting.
- Must provide a server during People's Choice judging from 2-5 pm.
- Forest Edge will provide electricity, bowls, utensils, and napkins during judging.
- Please bring an extension cord just in case. We can provide for most but probably not all crockpots day of.
To enter contact Allison: 502-531-9610 or email.